Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I hate K's Choice

Alternate title: Fuck "random mode". Between my media playing software and my MP3 players, none of them use random mode effectively. I can have a playlist of 200 songs and I'll hear some of the same tracks repeatedly, yet others NEVER get played.

And who suffers in all of this? Angie Aparo, Freak Power, Linkin Park, Filter. Some of them I hear over and over and over to the point where the next time their song comes on, I want to scream and punch something and delete them forever. The others end up being like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow, protected by an evil trio of leprechauns that I have to fight using only the weapons employed by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles as the soundtrack to the first Matrix plays in the background. That would be fucking sweet.

I know how to write software. How fucking hard is it to remember the last 10 songs it played, or maybe a percentage of the size of the playlist in order to prevent such frequent repeats? Instead the damn thing keeps coming back to the same tracks so that I end up getting sick of my favorite songs.

That's all it takes to ruin one of the few great things that brings me joy in this world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What compelled me to post on your old blog? No, no, what made me even click the old link? I - I don't know. But I saw "I hate K's Choice" and you KNOW I have something to say. I have mad respect for K's Choice. But I HATE IT when they automatically play, because I already know all their songs and I don't want to hear them again. But Angie Aparo shows up a little too often, too. Ah, I love reopening old chapters of your life for your. You're welcome!